Kevin Rubenstein, MS
Research Biostatistical Analyst III
Areas of Research:
Cancer, Chronic Kidney Disease, Health Disparities, Infectious Diseases
Kevin Rubenstein joined the Mid-Atlantic Permanente Research Institute (MAPRI) as a Biostatistical Analyst in 2014. Kevin provides statistical expertise for MAPRI research scientists engaging in study design and data analysis. He supports research in a variety of areas including cancer, chronic kidney disease, health disparities, hepatitis C, and HIV. In addition, he is the Mid-Atlantic regional data programmer for the Kaiser Permanente Research Bank, a national program to investigate the effects of genes, behavior, and the environment on patients’ health.
Kevin has previous experience as a biostatistician in the Statistical Genetics Laboratory at the University of Washington, where he researched the genetics of learning disabilities and schizophrenia. He also has experience in statistical consulting and teaching. Kevin received his Bachelor of Science degree in Biometry and Statistics from Cornell University, and his Master of Science degree in Biostatistics from the University of Washington.
For a full list of publications, please see Kevin Rubenstein’s CV.
- Vupputuri, S., Rubenstein, K. B., Derus, A. J., Loftus, B. C., Horberg, M. A. (2019). “Factors Contributing to Racial Disparities in Influenza Vaccinations.” PloS one, 14(4), e0213972.
- Horberg, M. A., Blank, J. G., Rubenstein, K. B., Certa, J. M., Hurley, L. B., Kadlecik, P. M., Klein, D. B., Silverberg, M. J. (2018). “Impact of Alternative Encounter Types on HIV Viral Suppression Rates in an Integrated Health System.” AIDS Patient Care and STDs, 32(11), 425–431.
- Tartof, S. Y., Hsu, J. W., Wei R., Rubenstein, K. B., Hu, H., Arduino, J. M., Horberg, M. A., Derose, S. F., Qian, L., Rodriguez, C. V. (2018). “Kidney Function Decline in Patients with CKD and Untreated Hepatitis C Infection.” Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, 13(10), 1471–1478.
- Rodriguez, C. V., Rubenstein, K. B., Linas, B., Hu, H., Horberg, M. A. (2018). “Increasing Hepatitis C Screening in a Large Integrated Health System: Science and Policy in Concert.” American Journal of Managed Care, 24(5), e134-e140.
- Mane, K. K., Rubenstein, K. B., Nassery, N., Sharp, A. L., Shamim, E. A., Sangha, N. S., Hassoon, A., Fanai, M., Wang, Z., Newman-Toker, D. E. (2018). “Diagnostic Performance Dashboards: Tracking Diagnostic Errors Using Big Data.” BMJ Quality & Safety, 27(7), 567–570.
- Rodriguez, C. V., Rubenstein, K. B., Watson, E. S., Mezina, A., Chen, P., Woreta, T. A. “Longitudinal Change in Liver Stiffness Measurements among Patients with Hepatitis C.” 2018 American Association of Liver Diseases (AASLD) 69th Annual Meeting. November, 2018.
- Rodriguez, C. V., Rubenstein, K. B., Watson, E. S., Mezina, A., Chen, P., Woreta, T. A. “Variability in Liver Stiffness Measurements among Patients with Viral Hepatitis.” 2018 American Association of Liver Diseases (AASLD) 69th Annual Meeting. November, 2018.
- Rodriguez, C. V., Rubenstein, K. B., Jonas, M. C., Sun, Y., Horberg, M. A., Loftus, B. C. “Streamlining Hepatitis C (HCV) Screening to Treatment in the Mid-Atlantic Region.” Health Care Systems Research Network Conference (HCSRN) 2018. April, 2018.
- Vupputuri, S., Boonyasai, R., Rubenstein, K. B.*, Derus, A. J., Truong, C. “Racial Disparities in Hypertension (RADISH): Decomposing the Effects of Risk Factor Distribution and Risk Factor Impact on Racial Disparities.” Health Care Systems Research Network Conference (HCSRN) 2018. April, 2018. *Presenting Author
- Horberg, M. A., Blank, J. G., Rubenstein, K. B., Hurley, L. B., Kadlecik, P. M., Klein, D. B., Silverberg, M. J. “Beyond Viral Suppression: Broadening Quality Measures (QM) for Total HIV Patient Care.” Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI). March, 2018.